Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Here She Is!




This is Lara Emma (taken Tuesday the 14th), she was born on Thursday November 9th at 10:11 pm about 20 minutes after we got to the hospital. She weighed in at 8 lbs 14 oz and was 21 1/2 inches long.

She has had some jaundice issues from birth with ABO incompatibility and a positive coombs and is still on the bili-blanket at home. We didn't get home until Sunday because her bilirubin levels were too high to let her go. She had been on double phototherapy at the hospital and hopefully we can get rid of the blanket here at home really soon.

Nothing happened last Wednesday despite our efforts so we resumed on Thursday later in the day and that adorable little girl is the result of it all! My monitor is not working right so it's hard for me to tell if the color etc. is right in the picture but I'm sure you get the idea! She is very alert for so little and very happy :O)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

How precious!!!! Congratulations, Anne! You're right about being alert, I never would have guessed that she's less than one week old.

Truth said...

Oh Anne, she is adorable. So glad to hear she finally arrived. Hope all is well and she is already finished with the bili blanket.

Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

She's SO BEAUTIFUL! And what baby wouldn't be happy with YOU as her mommy?

Joe said...

Congratulations on the very beautiful child Anne!

Anonymous said...

What a sweetheart! Love, Uncle Joel and Aunt Sherry

KFarmer said...

Way to go Anne! She is so pretty- just like her Mom :)

Hope she gets out from under the blanket soon and all is well with you :)

dalene said...

Congrats! She's so beautiful. How are you feeling?

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS Anne! What do your other children think of their new sister? I only have a brother, but my mom is the seventh of eight children!

Anne, I would like to invite you and your children to participate in a survey we are conducting over at PJ's Paper Doll Cut Outs blog and Twiglet the Little Christmas Tree's blog. Our twin paper dolls, Rueben and Rachel are trying to decide which outfit they are going to wear in PJ's Paper Doll Memories eNewsletter and need your help!

BTW...I found your blog via BLOG VILLAGE. I love cooking and will visit often!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She is such a sweetie. It must be nice to have all those helpers.

eyes_only4him said...

aww, she is beautiful..

all three of mine had to have them billie blankets and one had to be hostpilized...it sucks..

hope she gets feelin better soon..how r u doing?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations - I hope everyone is doing well. Does your new little girl look like any of her siblings? Her name is beautiful.

I've been waiting to hear. And now we even have a picture. thanks so much.


Cas

kbabe1968 said...

BOY! I'm a lousy SIL! I hadn't even checked your blog!!!! UGH!!!

CONGRATS honey, I can't wait to meet the little munchkin!!! She's so cute. Of course, fearing that it will make me desire another. :)

LOVE YOU!!!!

CraftyCarole said...

She is, of course, beautiful. I'm so jealous that DH got to meet her already!

Take it easy... big holidays coming up and I'm sure yoru babymoonn is conflicting with cooking... the food can wait!

Enjoy