Sunday, July 16, 2006

I deserve this, really.

I will freely admit that I don't deserve much, but after the week (and several months) that I've had, I do feel absolutely NO GUILT in getting what I did today.

I walked downtown today with 4 of the kids (and #7 in tow lol) to our favorite bookshop, The Moravian Bookshop, which bills itself as "The World's Oldest Bookseller". They have a lovely little point system there and we have been accumulating for some time.

I went off to my favorite section, the cookbooks (surprise!), and found a book I wanted but would never purchase for myself; I'd feel too guilty. I took it to the desk and told the clerk that I would love to have that book but only if I could purchase it with my points. She scanned it and told me YES all I would owe was $5.90. Woohoo! So, I bought a beautiful $40 book for less than $6 and I know I am going to spend hours reading it and looking at the pictures.

By the way, it is disgustingly HOT out there today! Lehigh Valley (Eastern Pa in general) has a reputation for too much humidity. I'm not sure why that is but it gets flat out gross here. Today is no exception and the week to come is forecast to be even hotter and GROSSER. I do have to say that this book was worth the sweat. Yes, yes, YES I am obsessed with Provence! Anyone who has been there (and I have not) will explain to you why that would be.


9 comments:

Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

It's a hundred degrees here, and if it were any more humid it would be raining. Again.

Take care of yourself. You're precious, you know.

KFarmer said...

I'm glad you took the time to spoil yourself. We all need it you know. I hope you enjoy (and I know you will) your new book. I remember a book I bought for myself- Hunters Horn- by Harriet Arnow years ago when the kids were small. I special ordered it. It cost me all of $7.55. I still have that book and it's one of my all time favorites. I hope you get as much enjoyment out of your special gift to yourself as I did- I believe beauty is in the eye of the beholder :)

Speaking of beauty, I think your new picture is absoultely wonderful- you are beautiful- inside and out :)

Anne Coleman said...

I think both you girls are partial!!

eyes_only4him said...

it is 100 here too..and i am in MN for crying out loud.

and i love the new pic too;)

Annie said...

I hate to be a copycat but it was 100 degrees in RI as well. And I too like the new pic!

dalene said...

Good for you! Love your summer photo too. And, well, you know how I feel about Provence...

Enjoy!

Puck said...

The forecast said 86 today and the last time I dared check it was 99... dammit.

And of all places to come and comment, "It's too hot to eat!"

Anonymous said...

When the weather seems to be that hot I wished that winter comes early

Anonymous said...

When you go to France, and you will, go to Aix en Provence. You'll love it. They like Americans and the farmers' markets are wonderful, the veggies are fresh and the strawberries are like none you've ever tasted. Also, wine, at least the wine I drink, is cheaper than Coke.