Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Blogiversary to me!

I'm one! What a year, huh? Tumultuous at best if you've been reading that long. The funny thing is, there is so much I left out. But, this is the Life of Anne so, if you want to stay for another year, at least grab a cup of coffee or a tall drink before you sit.

I MUST thank Blogger.com for their wonderful and FREE service (please keep that in mind before you rant, ok?) that made this all possible. Thanks to BoB for making this hugely more memorable than it really should have been. And lastly, (yes, I started that sentence with AND) but most definitely not leastly, my blogger buddies (you know who you are and if you are not sure-look to my Blog List over yonder) for commenting when there was not anything to say, for putting up with my lapses in posting and for BEING THERE when I truly needed it most. I love you man. :o)

For good measure, a recipe.

The Day After Omelet

No, not what to do with the scraps of life you find following a nuclear holocaust; this is what to do with taco leftovers (if you have any!). Ready-made ingredients for an omelet are awesome.

Super simple-whisk up a couple eggs (don't do 3, it will be too much) and pour them into a pan that has been pre-heated and greased on medium heat. When they start to set top off with leftover taco meat (beef, pork or chicken), shredded cheese, salsa and black olives. Don't add lettuce-ick. When the bottom is set, fold one half of the omelet over the filling and continue cooking until eggs are completely set and cheese is melted. Remove from pan and top with sour cream.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogaversary! And keep up the good work.

Cas
the omelet sounds like a great idea.

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary! Taco leftover omelette is an interesting idea BUT, our biggest problem is getting rid of leftover shredded lettuce.

Anne Coleman said...

You know Retro, once it's shredded we toss it onto sandwiches or into a salad. I have a couple lettuce-addicts so it's not too hard to get rid of here!

Annie said...

Congrats on your Blogiversary!
Don't you just love the versitility of eggs?

Unknown said...

I LOVE omlettes! Keep lovin' those kiddos!

KFarmer said...

A very Happy Blogaversary to you sweet! Thank you so much for all your help through the year and the wonderful ideas you bring to novice country cooks like me. Again, Happy Blogaversary and many, many more :)

Ian said...

Congratulations! Wow, a year already. Keep up the great work, and I'm looking forward to RSC in the fall. Cheers!