Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Working on a post, taking care of baby (OK, kids), life in general

Busy with life...

Called Dad yesterday and he is gaining on life one day at a time. Keep him in your prayers!

Here's one to tide you over and a teeny hint; one of the ingredients here is in the post I am currently working on.

Yes, this is BAD for you, but man, it's so good, who cares?

Pierogi CasseroleServes 12

Printable Recipe

9 lasagna noodles
2 eggs
2 c shredded cheddar cheese
2 c mashed potatoes
pepper, to taste
garlic salt, to taste
onion powder, to taste
1 stick butter
1 small chopped onion

1. Cook lasagna noodles al dente, drain well and line the bottom of a well greased 9x13 pan.
2. In a large bowl mix mashed potatoes, cheese, egg, and seasonings spread half over noodles. 

3. Cover with another layer of noodles and mashed potatoes. End with a layer of noodles.
4. Melt butter or margarine in a small frying pan. Sauté onion until clear and soft. Pour over noodles. Top with extra cheese if desired.
5. Cover with foil. Bake 30 minutes in 350 degree F oven.
6. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. Guess who has potatoes that need used and half a box of noodles??? Lol... Making this this weekend! It looks great! I am going to just print all your recipes out and put them in my recipe notebook!!

Barbie

Puck said...

My prayers are with your dad (whatever an atheist's prayers are worth) but I can say you - and the recipes, as usual, of course - are divine.

Said in my most reverent manner.

eyes_only4him said...

I just agined 10 pounds reading that recpie, i hope your happy young lady;)

Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

This casserole is, as I type, just out of the oven and sitting there for its ten minutes wait time. Thanks, Anne. For lots of things. You know.

Anne Coleman said...

So Barbie, how did it turn out?

Nino-flattery will get you nowhere. Make your OWN casserole :)

Christina TRY IT! It's soooo yummy.

Mama--MUAH--back at ya :o)

Anonymous said...

Okay, I made this Thursday night... Do you know how YUMMY this is with sour cream on the side? As I am the only one that will eat it, I am making my way through it slowly, in fact, I might have a slice for breakfast!

Barbie!