Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Turn your stoves on!

For anyone new, Tuesday is "Ready, Set, Cook!" day here. Just like the show (can anyone tell me if it's still on?) I present my readers with 3 ingredients and their job is to come up with a dish using them. Oh yes, by the way, I am NOT the one who comes up with these~blame my kids, if you can after looking at those adorable faces.

Today's ingredients are:
1/2 lb boneless pork chops

2 medium zucchini

2 slices fresh ginger



Rules are as follows:

1) Dream up a dish using the 3 ingredients prominently, your virtual pantry is unlimited (that means you can use anything else you like but you cannot "lose" the original ingredients in the recipe). You DO NOT have to have these on hand or make the dish for real to play!

2) Post the name of your dish in the comments section FIRST.

3) E-mail me the recipe or detailed instructions for your creation
at irishones7 *at* juno *dot* com with Ready, Set, Cook in the subject line.

I post recipes on Wednesday along with your name and/or blog address.

Have fun!

11 comments:

KFarmer said...

awwwwwww Anneeeeeee! GINGER? Ok, ok, I will try but this will be the first for me and ginger. Heavens to Mergatroy...

Michelle said...

Not a clue what to do with those, but wanted to say what a great picture of you! Rhonda would be slobbering over it if she saw it. ;0)

Anne Coleman said...

K-allright you...You're so smart I'm sure you can do it!

Michelle! Too funny. I know Rhonda loves me but, not THAT much.

Thanks-Megan, my photographer took it -she seems to have a knack.

dalene said...

I think I'd blend a couple of favorites from two different worlds together for some "Stir-Fry Pork Pita Sandwiches. Just for fun.

(And I agree with the rest--great photo!)

eyes_only4him said...

ok mine is called

ginger chops stir fry...:)

Melanie said...

Okay, Anne, I tried my hand at this. Mine is called "Gingered Pork with Ramen." Email is on it's way. BTW, I love your new pic, too!

trusty getto said...

Non-sequitur:

Yes, it is a good thing you're cute :)

KFarmer said...

Okay Anne, just for you I called two groceries to find out if they had ginger root & eggplant. On the second try I hit pay dirt. Now after working 8.75 hours (w/a hurt toe, in heels) I am going to drive an additional 10 miles (adding on to my already 27) to get the stuff I need to try & cook- JUST FOR YOU! Now if that's not devotion, I just don't know what is :)

PS- Have I mentioned that I have never cooked eggplant either? Do you leave the purple skins on? hee hee...

Heather said...

I'm going to be really original here: Gingered Zucchini and Pork Chop Bake. It's got a slight Asian flair I guess. Thanks for such a fun game! P.S. I didn't cook it yet, but I DO want to!

Anne Coleman said...

Armaedes, I don't know about slapped but I know I can teach her to hog-tie you and cook you on a spit! ;)

KFarmer said...

oh crap Anne- I read zucchini and thought eggplant... please forgive. If it's any consulation, I have never cooked zucchini either :( Can we pretend that my eggplant is green?