Friday, August 29, 2008

Brillante - Dave Said So


I've been given this cute little award by Dave of Dave's Cupboard - the Brillante Weblog award. It is cute, isn't it? So, it is now up to me to share 6 things about ME and pass this on to six other bloggers worthy of this fabuloso award. (This is NOT, in any way, related to the real Brillante Awards).

First - Six Things About Anne:

1. I can not eat cherry pie. It's gross. I'm not sure why I feel this way, but I can tell you that I would not eat it in a box and I would not eat it with a fox. I would not eat it here or there, I would not eat it anywhere.

2. I don't own fancy schmancy kitchen gadgets. In fact, I prefer less to more. I wrote about my favorite kitchen tools once, and while I would love several large-ish fun things for my kitchen, I don't find them very necessary.

3. I'm movie-addicted. I can recite lines from many, many movies and movie lines often wind up in my daily dialogue. My oldest daughter is the same, so we can have nearly full conversations from movie lines alone!

4. I like scrapple. I don't care if it's made out of scraped hog's head and cornmeal. It's good.

5. I am the Queen of Hollandaise. I was so afraid to make it in school that I missed the day we were making it on purpose. I still had to do it the next day and was so good at it that other students would sneak off to find me and ask if I would make theirs.

6. Having to be a perfectionist, I always made Hollandaise by hand as well as meringue and whipped cream. This most likely contributed to the carpal tunnel syndrome I developed. I suffered with that for 10 years before having surgeries. I let it go so long that I now have some permanent nerve damage. I think Hollandaise made the right way was worth it, though.

I shall now tag the following Brillante webloggers with this award:

1. Kfarmer
2. Jenni
3. Kate
4. AJ
5. Melanie
6. Ian

By the way, if you've already been tagged, or just don't have the time (I usually don't!), please ignore me.

Tag rules:

1- Link to the person who tagged you.
2- Post the rules on the blog.
3- Write 6 random things about yourself.
4- Tag 6 people at the end of your post.
5- Let each person know that they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6- Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

P.S. - Some people can be SO PICKY! I was doing a little play on words calling this a Brilliant(e) award, and several people didn't "get it" and felt the need to email me. *Sigh*. I'll keep my humor to myself, I suppose. I've corrected it to read Brillante - which is silly, but correct.

2 comments:

KFarmer said...

Thanks Anne! What a nice award. I will try to pass it along :)

Midwest Mom said...

You like Scrapple?!??

Now that *is* unique. ;)

-MM