Monday, January 07, 2013

What Goes on Around Here

When I'm not blogging (why, yes, that's often lately) I'm still cooking. The kids eat as much as ever (a little more than ever for the 5'10" 13 year-old boy) and I still need to eat on the days they're with their dad. I also did a bit of work this past year for Disney, this time at Spoonful.com. (Go ahead, go look - I'll wait!)

I take photos here and there of what I'm doing, but more often than not, with a 55-60 hour work week, I don't have much time to write about it. So, for inquiring minds (I know you're dying to know what we eat) here are a few photos from 2012.


 Homemade cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving. Beautiful color!


 Sweets for Lara's 6th Birthday Tea Party


 Mini Whoopie Pies for Lara


 Tea Sandwiches and Mini Quiche for Lara


 Beautiful twin chuck roasts for a Sunday dinner


 Pasta with Anything night - the kids' favorite!


 Pork tenderloin sandwich at Jim Dandy in Tipton, Indiana. I had the privilege of taking my mother to visit her home in September. It was a trip I'll never forget. Map of where we went HERE.


 One night's dinner: grilled peppercorn ham on sourdough with provolone and baby dill pickles.


 Test kitchen for my Spoonful.com work. The kids were trying out various after-school snacks.


 Quick baked and "fake" eggplant parmigiana. Salsa and Manchego in lieu of pasta sauce and mozzarella.




 Panko crusted chicken and cheesy mashed potatoes. Dinner one night.


 Pizza making - the two youngest.


 Pizza making - the five youngest.


 Ian and his pizza ready for the oven.


 Bread we made using Recipe Boy's recipe. Yum!


 Cauliflower and watercress soup. 


Thrilled  to be able to find Cafe du Monde at local Oriental groceries here. Good stuff!


I would love to make blogging promises I can't keep, so for now I'll just say I will TRY to post more often than twice a month. See you soon :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stumbled on your site today while looking for a chuck roast recipe. I had to blink and look again when I read about your visit to the Jim Dandy in Tipton. Hilarious. My dad grew up in Tipton and my grandparents lived just down the street from the Jim Dandy. Small world. I'm looking forward to trying some of your recipes. Thanks!

Anne Coleman said...

That's awesome! My grandparents were the Sharps - if you knew them, I'd love to hear it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for replying. I don't recognize that name, but I didn't know many of the Tipton-ites. We just played at my grandparents - the Russells. I am also related to the Wilburns and the Overdorfs. My dad has passed away, but I'll have to check with my aunt. I'll let you know if I learn anything.