Monday, November 05, 2012

Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Flax Bread



What exactly is Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Flax Bread? Well, this is the official statement:

Ezekiel 4:9® Sprouted Flax Bread is 100% flourless and free of conditioners, additives, artificial flavors, colors and preservatives. It is also made with filtered water and no added fat and is low-glycemic, diabetic-friendly, pH-balanced and kosher-certified. Each slice of contains 90mg of Omega 3, 5g of protein, 4g of dietary fiber and 18 amino acids from vegetable sources.

That's awesome, right? Of course it is, but anything that good for you can't really taste good, can it? In this case, yes it can.

When I was offered this bread to try I was excited but skeptical. being hypoglycemic, I need a low-glycemic bread if I'm going to eat bread at all, and the nutrition in Ezekiel breads is superior to others, and 4 grams of fiber and no sugars make it ideal for me.

Although it's full of flax (which can taste off sometimes), it isn't fishy in flavor in the least, but it is a bit dry.
I preferred this bread toasted because of the drier texture, but once it was covered in natural PB with honey, it was just fine as-is. Try it for French toast or Monte Cristos or Croque Monsieur as it soaks up egg and milk very well and doesn't fall apart in the process.

The bottom line is, I've already been out to my local health foods store to buy another loaf, and that's saying something. I can finally have an entire sandwich without worrying about a blood sugar drop later on and it helps me feel fuller longer, as well.

If you like any of the Ezekiel breads, you'll definitely love this one!

*Ezekiel 4:9 bread was provided to me free of charge. All opinions are wholly my own and not influenced in any way by free product.

No comments: