Saturday, May 09, 2009

Getting Back

We are officially moved. Not officially unpacked, but moved. Our new home has many small differences that we're adapting to, but I think we'll be settled in no time.

I always find it difficult to get back into the swing of things after having been gone for some time. It's really only been a week and a half since I last posted, but it feels like much longer to me.

I think I'll start back with two great gifts I won from other bloggers. The first was a lovely basket full of soy candles from Janine at Things That Make Scents in 'Jersey Shore scents' that I won at Life, Lightly Salted, Michele's blog. These candles smell so wonderful and the fact that they are made from soy (semi-locally, no less) makes them all the more wonderful to me. The basket and colors will go perfectly in the new upstairs bathroom - one thing I was looking forward to here at the new digs.

The second was a $50 gift certificate for any one item at From the Farm which I won from Jenn's place at The Leftover Queen for the March/April Foodie Blogroll Giveaway. There was so much to choose from; cheeses, meats, oils, produce etc., but once I caught sight of the Clementine Mandarin (Algerian) Dwarf Tree from Four Winds Growers, I knew that was the gift for me. It came on Earth Day - very apropos - and already had tiny little clementines growing on it and many more blooms ready to go.




So, we are moved, we are acclimating and I am hopefully back to blogging!

4 comments:

Lagean Ellis said...

I just hate moving then, all the unpacking and trying to find a place for everything, fit the old style into the new place.

Glad you have those scents to comfort you! I am constantly burning the candles from my company. It relaxes me.

Sonshine said...

Welcome back! Glad to hear that things went well with the move.

What neat prizes!

Anonymous said...

So glad to know that you are now successfully moved. Have been wondering how things were progressing.

Happy Mother's Day to you, Anne! Happy about your winnings, too.

Aunt Joan

kat said...

Glad the move is almost done for you! Look forward to hearing more soon.