Thursday, September 20, 2007

Asian Flavors of Jean-Georges



Jean-Georges, prolific restaurateur and cookbook author, has written yet another tome. His newest book, Asian Flavors of Jean-Georges, focuses on a cuisine that he has so well mastered and shares recipes from his restaurants--Spice Market, 66, and Vong.

I love the website devoted to his many restaurants; the photos are fabulous and each makes me want to travel the world simply to dine at these locations. Don't be fooled, though, by the larger-than-life image painted by his success; he is a self-proclaimed "country boy at heart"--just my type of person. He certainly hasn't lost himself to fame.

Jean-Georges' blog, Jean-Georges Vongerichten, chronicles his life, his work and his thoughts on food. It's a wonderful read so far, and I look forward to many more installments. Please give it a read, and don't miss his book, in stores on October 23rd and something I most definitely want to get my hands on.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Anne, HI!
AH, another book to add to our collection.
We, too, would love to travel the world to visit those places that have exceptional cuisine. Ever watch the show featuring Jeff Smith?
Aside - wasn't the last HPotter book a wonderful ride?
All the best to you!

Anne Coleman said...

Morgan, yes, I love Jeff Smith. I've posted several of his recipes. Oh, the last HP book--wonderful, indeed! I'm eyeing it up to read again...

Deborah Dowd said...

Thanks for pointing me to this blog, really great with an accessible tone that makes it fun to read!