Friday, March 31, 2006

Breakfast this Morning

Only in this household would you be lucky enough to get something better if we ran out of the normal foods we have on hand for breakfast. Such was the case today-bread mysteriously gone-milk level a little iffy for 8 bowls of cereal-no Pop Tarts (gasp!). I did have bananas, eggs and enough milk to whip up these. Not enough for the same tomorrow though *sigh*.


Banana Walnut Pancakes with Maple Cream
Printable Recipe

4 medium bananas, mashed well or blended
1 t vanilla
2 large eggs
1 T oil
1 c milk + extra
2 c flour
2 T sugar
1 T baking powder
1/4 c chopped walnuts

Combine bananas, vanilla, eggs and oil in a blender and
blend on low until well combined-a few seconds should do.
Add 1 c milk to banana mixture and blend again
just until combined. In a large bowl stir together flour,
sugar and baking powder.
Add banana mixture to flour mixture
and stir well. Add more milk if necessary-try
to get this as close to a regular pancake batter in
consistency as possible-but not too thin.
Add walnuts and fold in.

Cook over medium heat as you would regular
pancakes-look for bubbles and dry edges before turning.

Maple Cream:

1 c heavy cream
1 t maple flavoring
2 T powdered sugar

Combine all 3 ingredients and beat with a mixer until light and fluffy.
Serve with pancakes.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

A favorite in my house, banana walnut pancakes. Even better, chocolate chip banana walnut pancakes!

Anne Coleman said...

I searched in vain for a bag of chocolate chips!

Rainbow Demon said...

Thanks Anne...

I'll be trying these on Sunday!
I have some bananas softening up, now ...LOL

While going through my Grandma's things, I found a bunch of receipies. Some are pretty interesting, and I'm willing to share if you like.

Peace,
=RD=

Anonymous said...

Hi, stopped by via Christina's blog. I am wondering if you can suggest any great cookbooks for migraine sufferers. I'm on a diet called "low tyramine" and I can't have autoylzed yeast (not sure of the spelling) anyway, just curious if you could point me in a direction.....thanks

Angie

Anne Coleman said...

Rainbow-hey guy! Mom is slowly sending me all of my grandma's recipes as well. Too cool.

Can you post them? I'd be more than happy to refer everyone to your blog to check them out! Otherwise-run on over for coffee and bring them with you! :)

Angie-I would have to look that one up but I can tell you one thing that is often missed by migraine sufferers is something called "hydrolized animal protein" which does the same to your head as MSG in so far as migraines go. It makes prepacked food buying even harder than it was but it's very worth it to look for that ingredient to help with some relief!

FLmom7 said...

Mmmm...those pancakes sound yummy!

eyes_only4him said...

man I just got 5 pounds heavier reading that...sounds darn tasty;)