Sunday, March 29, 2009

Peep Jousting

Easter is a wonderful holiday rich with the new birth heralded by the coming of Spring, the Resurrection of Christ, brand new Easter outfits, newly bloomed tulips, fuzzy bunnies, baskets filled with candy, glistening glazed hams ... and Peep Jousting.

I happen to live in the Peep capital of the world, the place where the beloved Peep is made; Just Born, Inc. in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. Most people enjoy these little guys straight-up and quite a few like them stale, but I prefer them jousting. Yes, it's true - I don't like to eat Peeps. My kids love them and can't seem to get enough, but I like setting up and watching the Peep Joust.

Here's our latest Peep Joust adventure:

Peep JoustJousters at the Ready!


JOUST!
(Laughter and commentary provided by us)


Sadness on both sides...


Bloody Aftermath

8 comments:

Adopted Son said...

ROTFLMAO!!!! PEEP WARS!! I was expecting stop animation. Microwave melees are so much more fun!

Denise said...

I've heard they are tasty after microwaving too, so it's not like you are wasting them.

Krista said...

See....I think that fried Peeps would be good...but I think doing over an open flame would be so much more satisfying for the blood thirsty among us.

toontz said...

Oh, the poor little peeps.

Anne Coleman said...

Krista! AHAHAHA - then we could sing the Campfire Song! C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E S-O-N-G Song!

Michele said...

Very cute..and a noble way for the peeps to die. A joust is always honorable. :)

By the way...I like mine stale. When I get a package I poke several small holes in the cellophane and let them sit at least three days before munching.

Lo said...

Ah yes. I love the fun we can have with Peeps! Too hilarious!! And so much more fun than eating them :)

StuffCooksWant said...

So funny...we've done this with regular marshmallows and the kids always want to leave them in the microwave until they grow to monstrous proportions. Boys.

Peeps, favorite way to eat the peeps...toasted, like over an open fire. The sugar caramelizes and makes for a nice crunchy peep. Really good, for a peep, that is.